Re: New package

From: Guillermo Moliní
Subject: Re: New package
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 13:27:09 +0200

On 16 Jul 2014, at 10:29, Guillermo Moliní <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have finally made it work, by putting the .dll and .lib files into the /bin folder. In any case, Im going to change it so that it will be compiled during the build process. But I wanted to have a working version before moving on. I have a last question.. Once Im done with the package, is there any procedure to upload it?

You should show your code on this list first, and ask for inclusion in Octave-Forge.
Please make sure you clearly specify the Copyright on the code and the distribution license.

How is it best to send the code for approval? Should I just upload here the .tar.gz so people will be able to have a look at it?
Another thing is, Ive only managed to get it to work on windows. On linux it doesnt seem to be copying the /bin folder, and therefore when the mkoctfile tries to find the library there it doesnt work. Do you have any idea why that could happen? Why is the /bin folder copied in windows but not in linux?

If accepted, ask to create a repository for your package and upload your code there.

finally prepare a release of your package using the procedure described here:
http://octave.sourceforge.net/developers.html

in the section "Make a release of your package and publish its function reference".

>  Or just upload it to sourceforge via svn?

Currently it is recomended to use mercurial rather than subversion for new packages.

c.