Re: request test in Matlab, cellfun and anonymous functions with > 1 out

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: request test in Matlab, cellfun and anonymous functions with > 1 outputs
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 11:17:45 +0200

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 10:58:18AM +0200, Julien Bect wrote:
> Le 23/07/2014 10:36, Olaf Till a écrit :
> >Could someone test these lines in Matlab?
> >
> >octave:1> [a, b] = cellfun (@ (x) {x, x}{:}, {1})
> >error: cellfun: function returned fewer than nargout values
> >
> >and
> >
> >octave:1> a = @ (x) {x, x}{:}
> >a =
> >
> >@(x) {x, x} {:}
>
> >> [a, b] = cellfun (@ (x) {x, x}{:}, {1})
>  [a, b] = cellfun (@ (x) {x, x}{:}, {1})
> Error: Unbalanced or unexpected parenthesis or bracket.
>
> >> a = @ (x) {x, x}{:}
>  a = @ (x) {x, x}{:}
> Error: Unbalanced or unexpected parenthesis or bracket.
>

> (in Matlab R2012a)

Thanks! But I didn't expect this ...

So it returns a syntax error? I meant to provide a simple anonymous
function which returns two outputs ... Maybe this is again the
impossibility to index each expression in Matlab ... so what does it
with these:

octave:1> tp = {1, 1}
tp =
{
  [1,1] =  1
  [1,2] =  1
}
octave:2> [a, b] = cellfun (@ (x) tp{:}, {1})
error: cellfun: function returned fewer than nargout values
octave:2> a = @ (x) tp{:}
a =

octave:3> a(5)
ans =  1