Re: New package

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: New package
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 10:25:13 -0400

On Wed, 2014-07-23 at 16:19 +0200, Guillermo Molini wrote:

> But in any case I dont want to turn my cuda code into an oct-file. The
> oct-file is just the gateway to another library, and it is in that library
> where my code to connect to the cuda API resides. Couldnt I have a
> different license for that? in the GPLv3 exceptions can be added. Cant that
> be done?

No, GPL wrappers don't work:

    https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLWrapper

The only way you can obey the GPL is if you also provide the
corresponding source for all of the components of your package. One of
the components of your package is CUDA, and CUDA does not allow you to
provide its source. Because CUDA is so restrictive, you cannot
distribute it this way with Octave.

- Jordi G. H.