Re: Overhaul FLTK toolkit resize/redraw functions

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: Overhaul FLTK toolkit resize/redraw functions
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 10:06:30 +0200

On 24.07.2014 20:56, sergey plotnikov wrote:

> I've tested this, since I'm able to replicate the bug. And actually Ben
> was right, lines are kind of hidden, but in my case, if I don't set axes
> color to 'none' they are hidden just partially (see junk2.pdf in
> attachment).

Because you also have this problem (on Win with MXE build) without my
patch (if I got this right on savannah) on default and all works for you
if you revert gl2ps-renderer.cc to the last stable version, I doubt that
this has the same origin as Bens' problem

> And to my understanding it might be somehow related to the sorting
> algorithm we are choosing in gl2ps_renderer.

This might be richt, we are doing
      // For 2D plots we can use a simpler Z-depth sorting algorithm
      if (term.find ("is2D") != std::string::npos)
        gl2ps_sort = GL2PS_SIMPLE_SORT;

And the docu says for this:
GL2PS_SIMPLE_SORT
    The primitives are sorted according to their barycenter. This can be
sufficient for simple three-dimensional scenes and/or when correctness
is not crucial.

I think correctness IS crucial for our 2D plots. Can you try GL2PS_NO_SORT?

-- Andy