Re: Grid toggle from Edit menu affects all axes

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Grid toggle from Edit menu affects all axes
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 00:16:29 -0700

On 07/28/2014 10:33 PM, Andreas Weber wrote:
> Am 29.07.2014 05:47, schrieb Rik:
>> 7/28/14
>> Andreas,
>>
>> In a recent changeset the FLTK Edit Menu for plots was changed so that
>> actions like show grid and hide grid apply to all axes.  Is this
>> necessary?  When I use the 'g' keyboard shortcut or the 'G' menubar it only
>> affects the particular axes involved.  I think there are lots of occasions
>> where multiple plots are displayed and you want to modify a single plot
>> rather than globally change all plots.
>>
>> --Rik
> Hi Rik,
> I thought it is too redundant to have a menubar which has the exact
> actions as the toolbar at the bottom and the keyboard shortcuts.
>
> To summarise the implementation after my last cset:
>
> * The shortcuts p,a,r,g affects the last, with the mouse clicked axes
> object or the last added axes if no one was clicked so far. Only the
> figure which is associated with the window are affected
>
> * The toolbar buttons at the bottom left behave exactly like the shortcuts.
>
> * The menubar Edit ->* works on all axes which is in my view great if
> you work with subplots.

I can see how that would be nice with subplots, but can you restrict it to
just all axes on the current figure?  In the same way that it was annoying
previously when the pan mode was applied globally, I find it annoying that
the grid mode is applied across all figures rather than the one I am
working with.

--Rik