Re: Octave-Forge website / docs.html

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: Octave-Forge website / docs.html
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 18:41:50 +0200

Le 12/08/2014 18:23, Carnë Draug a écrit :
Another remark : the "docs.html" page currently has a "User Questions"
>section, which points tohttp://octave.sourceforge.net/FAQ.html, which is
>itself empty except for a link to the Octave FAQ. I would suggest :
>
>1) Renaming "User Questions" to "Frequently Asked Questions",
>
>2) Since OF doen't yet have its own FAQ, linking directly from "docs.html"
>to the Octave FAQ and perhaps removing "FAQ.html".
It used to have its own FAQ. But I removed it in favour of the much
more up to date and general FAQ on Octave's wiki. But I'm not sure I
like the idea of the FAQ button, which suggests an internal link,
redirecting the user to another host.

This isn't exactly what I was suggesting, sorry if I wasn't clear. My suggestion was:

1) Link from "docs.html" directly to the FAQ on the wiki (this is done now)

2) Remove the FAQ from the top menu... but, if I understood correctly your previous mail, changes to the top menu are not easy to do (?).