Where to place and how to organize my GSOC work.

From: Eduardo
Subject: Where to place and how to organize my GSOC work.
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 20:00:57 +0100

Dear maintainers,

As GSOC is finishing I want to just put together all the code in a way that can be integrated into the  default branch of Octave. I have till now that scenario:

1) ilu.m as a wrapper for __iluc__.cc, __ilutp__.cc and __ilu0__.cc. The .m file is located inside the script/sparse directory and the dld functions inside /libinterp/dldfcn. My question is, which would the best approach here?

A) Keep the actual situation.

B) Maybe put together all the .cc file inside one called __ilu__.cc but keep the three dld functions inside. The rest remain the same.

C) The same as B but just having only *one* dld-function inside called __ilu_() and from it calling iluc(), ilutp() and ilu0() (which will not be dld but will be in the same file). __ilu__() will be then the function called within ilu.m as  __ilu__("ilu0", ...), __ilu__("iluc", ...) and __ilu__("ilutp", ....) for each specific function.

I have also noticed that for __foo__.cc type files there is kind of agreement of not writing tests inside them (in my case I do have). Should I move all the tests to ilu.m?

Thanks in advance,

Eduardo