replicating matlab mser code in octave

From: Rohit Gupta
Subject: replicating matlab mser code in octave
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 01:44:00 +0530

I am trying to figure out mser(maximum stable extremal regions) of an image in octave.I have code for matlab but I am not able to figure out how to do in octave.

The following is the code:

colorImage = imread('handicapSign.jpg');
figure; imshow(colorImage); title('Original image')

% Detect and extract regions
grayImage = rgb2gray(colorImage);
mserRegions = detectMSERFeatures(grayImage,'RegionAreaRange',[150 2000]);
mserRegionsPixels = vertcat(cell2mat(mserRegions.PixelList));  % extract regions

How can this code be replicated in octave.

Thank you