Re: Octave - Ngspice interface

From: Kozma, Endre
Subject: Re: Octave - Ngspice interface
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 14:24:52 +0200

On Thu, 2014-09-18 at 15:52 -0400, al davis wrote:
> [...]

Why not gnucap??

If you're using Ngspice and Octave and you want an interface between them, then you just don't start developing an interface for gnucap. It would not make too much sense, I guess.
But pretend you are creating an Octave-interface for gnucap. How would you provide the gnucap library for different operating systems and different HW-platforms? And if the
library is already available, how do you know, where it is and where the corresponding header files are located (assume there is no .rc file for pkg-config yet)?

Endre