Re: Graphics objects documentation

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Graphics objects documentation
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 08:47:46 -0400

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 13:51:46 +0200, Pantxo Diribarne wrote:
> * Do people think that this automation process is really worth,

Yes.

> * Is it acceptable to do this with octave?  If so, are there examples of
> .txi files generated  by octave scripts somewhere in the doc (I am
> interested in Makefile.in rules examples)?

Absolutely.

One example is the contributors list, look for mkcontrib.awk in
doc/interpreter. If you can write a script to generate a texinfo
snippet, it can simply be @included where it should be placed in the
manual, this is exactly what is done for the contributors list.

The generated file should be named .texi, the .txi extension seems to
only be used for files that are preprocessed into .texi files.

--
mike