Re: MXE: "undefined reference to `mxArray::mxArray(mxClassID, long long,

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: MXE: "undefined reference to `mxArray::mxArray(mxClassID, long long, long long, mxComplexity)"
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 16:13:47 -0500

On 12/30/2014 03:25 PM, Philip Nienhuis wrote:
John W. Eaton wrote:

That problem should be fixed if the mxarray.h file is generated as part
of the build process.

Isn't that happening in the current sources?
In libinterp/Makefile.in I see:

:
BUILT_NODISTFILES = \
   corefcn/mxarray.h \
   corefcn/oct-errno.cc \
:

and further down:

:
EXTRA_DIST = Makefile.in DOCSTRINGS config-features.sh \
         find-defun-files.sh gendoc.pl genprops.awk mk-errno-list \
         mk-pkg-add mkbuiltins mkdefs mkops oct-conf.in.h version.in.h \
         $(BUILT_DISTFILES) parse-tree/module.mk \
         :
         corefcn/mxarray.in.h corefcn/oct-errno.in.cc \
:

This is the case for stable as well as default (and gui-release).
As far as I can guess these settings are just meant for a source
distribution tarball, right?

Yes, it is generated, but it is also present in the source directory in recent tarballs on hydra. When building in a separate build tree from the sources, the -I compiler options are such that the mxarray.h file from the src directory will be used. That's the wrong version since it wasn't generated correctly for 64-bit Windows systems.