Re: replace symbolic package on Octave-Forge

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: replace symbolic package on Octave-Forge
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 20:37:00 +0000

On 6 January 2015 at 23:02, Colin Macdonald <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Carnë (and others),
>
> You and I discussed replacing the old (and unlisted) symbolic package
> with my new octsympy (renamed to "symbolic", or at least packaged as
> "symbolic").
>
> I think I'm ready to go forward with that.
>
> (I forget how much of this was discussed on the list; if anyone prefers
> we DO NOT do so, please speak up.)

Cool. I noticed you have also implemented vpn on the octsympy which was the
part you thought was missing. I will need your sourceforge username to give you
push access.

If you are replacing the old symbolic package, It makes sense to me that you
continue its repository, i.e., remove all the current files and
replace them with your
code.  Since you are using git this either means converting the
current repository
to git or you adopting mercurial. I am fine either way. In Octave we
tend to favour
mercurial but I'll guess you will want the later to keep your github clone.

But let's wait until next week to give time for people to give their
opinion (and
I am also a bit too busy the next couple of days).

Carnë