Re: Google Summer Of Code, TISEAN package

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Google Summer Of Code, TISEAN package
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 16:03:16 +0100

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 3:30 PM, Dag W <address@hidden> wrote:
> The logical solution is to expand the existing  TSA package
> <http://octave.sourceforge.net/packages.php>   instead of creating a new
> one. I will go through this package and see how I can add more code to it.
>

> --

Hi Dag,

Go ahead! My recommendation would be:
1. Download the TISEAN package
2. Use a couple of their functions to see how it works, something simple.
3. Test the coomand line interface (and get results via stdout). I had
some files, but I have to search for them [2].

After this you can dig in the code and write oct files. There is some
help to know how to write oct files[3], but the mailing list is full
of experts (also IRC, my nick is kakila), do not hesitate to ask.

[1]: http://www.mpipks-dresden.mpg.de/~tisean/Tisean_3.0.1/index.html
[2]: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-octave/2012-03/msg00506.html
[3]: https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Oct_002dFiles.html