Re: Release Ideas

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Release Ideas
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 15:23:38 -0500

On Wed, 2015-01-28 at 14:50 -0500, John Swensen wrote:
> I know it is a cop-out, but is it really too hard to ask people to
> go to a terminal and type:

Yes, it is too hard. This implicitly assumes that people have their OS
in a particular state before the first curl command. I have seen
people attempt this and suffer many, many woes when their system was
not in that state.

Not to mention, that you also need to first explain to them that their
OS has a terminal and that it's a place in which you can type
commands. It is just a very foreign idea to most Mac OS X users.

- Jordi G. H.