Re: OctConf 2015 survey results

From: Daniel Kraft
Subject: Re: OctConf 2015 survey results
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 07:37:31 +0100

Hi!

On 28.01.2015 17:44, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso wrote:
> There have been only 14 people so far who have responded about where
> would they like OctConf 2015 to happen, but I'm going to close it now:
> it's a near perfect tie between UK, Germany, and Austria, with 5, 4,
> and 5 votes respectively.
>
> Anyway, I say we should just go with the UK. We have at least one or
> two Octave core developers there, the location is fairly central
> between America and Europe, and almost all of us will speak the local
> language.

I'm definitely fine with the UK.

> Germans, Austrians, Italians, do you want to make a case for why we
> should go to your countries instead of the UK?

Rooms are definitely available in Graz, and also the people of the Linux
days (whom I asked for rooms) have expressed interest in participating
with interested students and colleagues (who mostly use Matlab currently).

I also think that Graz is a lovely town -- but apart from that, I can't
offer anything like a particle accelerator or space centre.  (Just
mountains and sight seeing.)

So, I guess, the most compelling case for Graz is that there seems to be
local interest -- which is probably true for almost any other place as well.

Yours,
Daniel

--
http://www.domob.eu/