Re: patch to merge gui-release to default

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: patch to merge gui-release to default
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 17:51:45 -0500

On 01/30/2015 05:19 PM, Rik wrote:
Seems fine.   I found a typo in NEWS and I updated the deprecation
comment strings in scripts/directory/*.m to 4.0 from 4.2.  This is
probably like pulling off a band-aid, i.e., we want to do it quickly and
cleanly.  Maybe one more round of pulling from
stable->gui-release->default to make sure we gather up everything  and
then apply your changeset.  Then the branch can be closed so that we
don't accidentally commit to it.

See attached diffs which incorporate my changes with your original patch.

I've already done the stable->gui-release->default merges. I have a single changeset on top of that which combines your changes and mine.

I agree that we should do this quickly if we're going to do it, so I've gone ahead and closed the gui-release branch and pushed the changes. I guess if a good reason to undo this comes up, we can always do that instead. Let's hope that doesn't happen...

I'm sorry for the trouble that the gui-release branch caused. Lesson learned, I guess.