GSOC project "Improve Octave's image IO"

From: Wolfgang
Subject: GSOC project "Improve Octave's image IO"
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 15:10:32 +0100

Hi all,

my name is Wolfgang and I am doing my Masters in Mechanical Engineering at the
TU
Munich. I would like to start contributing to octave, preferably as
part of GSOC, if Octave gets accepted as mentoring organization.
Medical Engineering and thus image processing is a part of my
studies, so I am very interested in improving octave's image analysis
and I think the project "Improve Octave's image IO" fits me the most.
I browsed the short projects page and the bug tracker, but I am still wondering
what would be a good starting point for my first changeset. Maybe
already something directly related to the handling of image formats?

Thank you,
Wolfgang