Re: Updated translation files

From: Pantxo
Subject: Re: Updated translation files
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 06:17:48 -0800 (PST)

Andreas Weber-4 wrote
> Am 15.02.2015 um 15:25 schrieb Torsten:
>> changeset http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/788d1b951eb3
>> updates the translation files which are now containing new or updated
>> text strings resulting from the changes in the gui compared to the
>> stable version.
>
> Hi Thorsten,
> how should we procceed if there are typos in the original strings?
>
> src/settings-dialog.ui:1094:
> <string>
> Number of characters before list is
> shwon:
> </string>
> shwon -> shown.
>
> Should I fix and push this and inform you that you should rebuild the
> translation files or just send the typo to you, you collect them and
> push them as bundle together with the updates language files?
>
> -- Andy

Hi,

Is someone working on the French translation? If so I may offer a reread, if
not I can do it.
@Andy:I think we should give time to people who started updating the
translations on the basis of the current .ts files. It's ok to push changes
that affect GUI strings (Rik already did so by removing some QtHandle
menus): they will be translated in a final translation step, after "string
freeze".

Pantxo