Re: [Octave Forge] Octave 4.0 call for packages

From: Lukas Reichlin
Subject: Re: [Octave Forge] Octave 4.0 call for packages
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 14:24:59 +0200

On 11.04.2015, at 14:07, Oliver Heimlich <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 11.04.2015 11:56, Oliver Heimlich wrote:
>> On 11.04.2015 03:25, Mike Miller wrote:
>>> Would you mind sharing the test failures you are seeing? Either as bug
>>> reports against each package or a summary log file sent to the list or
>>> posted somewhere. Full output would be most helpful as many developers
>>> are unable to test on Windows.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>
>> I am going to put the results into our wiki [1] as a table. I can put
>> the test logs on a private website and link to them in the table. Then,
>> we can collect references to existing bug reports/patches in a
>> structured way. This should simplify the assessment of all packages
>> together. And it might help to sort out deprecated packages.
>
> You can find the results in the wiki:
> http://wiki.octave.org/Octave-Forge#GNU_Octave_4.0_compatibility_assessment
>
> The wiki contains a link to my test logs from Win7.
>
> So far, there are 13 packages that seem fit, 10 with bug reports or known
> fixes. Many where I am unsure about their current state. Please update the
> status of packages that you know better than I do.

Hi Oliver

Which BLAS flavour did you use for testing? I assume you used the OpenBLAS
which is chosen by default in the Octave installer. Regarding the control
package, it
is known [1] that non-reference BLAS versions can lead to failing tests.
Therefore, try to rerun the test, but this time select the Reference BLAS
implementation upon Octave installation. Don't forget to reinstall the control
package, too.

I've tested the rc2 binary on a 64bit Windows 7 machine. control-2.8.0 passed
all the tests with Reference BLAS.

Lukas

[1]
http://octave.sourceforge.net/control/function/test_control.html