Re: how to build octave from source code

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: how to build octave from source code
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 15:16:38 +0200

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 7:00 AM, Roozbeh Geraili Mikola
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear Developers,
>
> I'm new here and very interested to get involve with programming in octave
> (specifically modifying/improving the "geometry package"  for starter).
> would you please direct me to to appropriate developer documents which
> explains building and compiling the octave source code (preferably
> windows/mac if any)?
>
> thank you in advance.
>
> With Regards,
>

> Roozbeh Geraili Mikola, PhD
>
> Project Engineer
>

> Personal Web Page: www.roozbehgm.com

Dear Roozbeh,

You do not need to compile from sources if you want to contribute to a
package. You can clone the package repository[1] and provide
extensions/patches for that package. In particular, geometry only uses
m-files, so you just need to know how to program in octave.

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/geometry/ci/default/tree/