Re: Contributing to Windows (MXE) and Linux versions: cannot find the so

From: Rafael Monteiro
Subject: Re: Contributing to Windows (MXE) and Linux versions: cannot find the sources on MXE
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 13:23:51 -0300

Thanks, Jordi.

That makes sense, but I thought it would keep the downloaded files somewhere. Is there any way I can tell it to "keep the sources", so I can change them and run make to see the effects on a Windows build? Or else: can I tell MXE-Octave to get the sources from my local ~/octave folder? Perhaps I could setup a Mercurial server and tell MXE-Octave to look at my local repository. Does that make sense? Is there a simpler approach?

I'm curious to know how Octave Windows developers do it.

Regards,

Rafael Monteiro

On Sat, 2015-06-20 at 11:54 -0300, Rafael Monteiro wrote:
> *I feel dumb asking this: where are the sources for mxe-octave?*

Scattered across all the greater webternets.

MXE-Octave is "just" a collection of Makefiles that has instructions
on how to download and compile Octave and all of its dependencies. It
does not have the source code itself.

- Jordi G. H.