RE: Re: Re: Contributing to Windows (MXE) and Linux versions: cannot, fi

From: JohnD
Subject: RE: Re: Re: Contributing to Windows (MXE) and Linux versions: cannot, find the sources on MXE
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 19:54:29 -0400

There are a  2 patches that have been in mxe-octave for a while now in order to
compile under mingw
I believe JWE created (or knows why or the purpose they were made) so can
answer better than me on  their history and whether they could even be rolled
into the current sources. [1][2]

One is to gnulib, so may be fixed when a newer version is pulled in. [2]

I also have added another that I first had to do to get it to compile under
mingw- 5.0  (cross build) so also occurs under msys2, which is also using mingw
5.0 and gets confused about c++ and c linkage of functions in gnulib time.h vs
ctime [3]

[1]
http://hg.octave.org/mxe-octave/file/e114dbf6ba1e/src/default-octave-1-docinstall.patch
[2]