Re: parcellfun debug

From: Muhali
Subject: Re: parcellfun debug
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 23:31:10 -0700 (PDT)

Olaf Till-2 wrote
> That the corresponding cellfun call works indicates the fault is in
> parcellfun itself. Have you the latest version installed? On which
> operating system do you use it? Which options did you set? The same as
> in cellfun? It's always difficult to help someone else
> debugging. First you can increase VerboseLevel to >1. Also, you could
> insert commands into parcellfun which printout informative messages if
> some steps are performed, e.g. before and after
> 'isubp = fread (statr, 1, "double");', (parent process)
> before and after fload() (parent process) and before
> 'fwrite (cmdw(isubp), ijob, "double");', (parent process),
> printing the value of ijob.

the program hangs at this step:

        isubp = fread (statr, 1, "double");
        ## if pipe contained no more data, that's bad

regarding your questions/remarks:

I am using the dev Version (both of octave and parallel) under Linux and
options are the same as for cellfun. Should I open a bug report and move
discussion there?