Error reports for spatial econometric toolbox

From: Zheye Wang
Subject: Error reports for spatial econometric toolbox
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 22:55:51 -0400

Hi all,

I am trying to use James Lesage's matlab spatial econometric toolbox in Octave. After running these codes:

>>load anselin.dat
>>n = length(anselin)
>>x = [ones(n,1) anselin(:,2:3)]
>>y = anselin(:,1)
>>xcoord = anselin(:,4)
>>ycoord = anselin(:,5)
>>w= xy2cont(xcoord,ycoord)
>>W=slag(w,2)
>>vnames = strvcat('crime','constant','household income','house values')
>>result1 = sar(y,x,W)

I got the following error report:

error: Invalid call to fminbnd.  Correct usage is:

 -- Function File: [X, FVAL, INFO, OUTPUT] = fminbnd (FUN, A, B,
          OPTIONS)

error: called from
    print_usage at line 90 column 5
    fminbnd at line 73 column 5
    sar at line 163 column 34

I dont know how to fix this, can anyone help me? The attached is the matlab toolbox.

Thank you!
Zheye