Re: Sci-cosim toolbox approval for source forge

From: Romanov Alexey
Subject: Re: Sci-cosim toolbox approval for source forge
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 17:19:13 +0300

Your problem is that your are trying to run script directly from octave package
problem.

To run demo you should be in the same folder with sci_ap_model.xcos. The Scilab
should be started, and your user should have rights to use sockets and to write
in current folder.

This is the same as with Simulink you should be in the same folder with .mdl
file.

The second problem is that Octave package manager doesn't copy .xcos file from
package during installation.

So for the easiest quick start extract.  sci_sim_example.m and
sci_ap_model.xcos from package archive to one folder. And then run
sci_sim_example.m from this folder.

This script will init some variables in Octave then transfer them to Scilab
workspace, then run simulation in xcos, and the return simulation results back
to Octave.

Is there any better method to share examples with package in Octave, then just
include it in the main source?

Alexey Romanov

04.12.2015, 16:02, "Doug Stewart" <address@hidden>:
> On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 7:22 AM, Doug Stewart <address@hidden> wrote:

>> On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 1:49 AM, Romanov Alexey <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> 1)Start Scilab
>>> 2)Press MainMenu->Applications->Module manager ATOMS
>>> 3)In the list choose Technical
>>> 4)Then choose Backdoor
>>> 5)Mark autoload tick in the bottom-left
>>> 6)Press Install
>>> 7)Restart Scilab