Re: GNU Octave Contribution

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: GNU Octave Contribution
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 17:19:27 -0500

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 02:04:30 +0530, sheetal shalini wrote:
> I have posted on the IRC channel multiple times, but got no response. This
> is the only means of contact i got. Please do guide me along. I have been
> developing tools for Scilab. So i am competent enough to do so with ease in
> Octave. And i am keenly interested for the same.
> Looking forward to an early response.

Hi Sheetal, welcome to the Octave community. Others have replied with
some good ideas, I just have a few more comments.

Subscribe to and follow the maintainers mailing list.

If you were on the IRC channel, I didn't see your messages, please be
patient with IRC since many of us idle and we are in several different
time zones.

No one here will assign you a task, the best way to get involved is to
have an interest and assign it to yourself. There are certainly many
tasks to be done, see the lists referenced by Nir and Rik.

I see you posted your interest with the Debian development community as
well. I hope between Debian and Octave you find something that you will
be able to contribute your time and skills to.

Hope to see you around,

--
mike