Re: Latex interpreter via Mathjax + Qt

From: Michael Godfrey
Subject: Re: Latex interpreter via Mathjax + Qt
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 19:45:40 +0000

On 01/12/2016 11:58 AM, George Apostolopoulos wrote:
I have reviewed octave's latex+ps combination which is very interesting.
However, apart from the added processing steps, I am missing the
possibility to create a single, self-contained eps file for one figure.
This is required when sending a manuscript to publishers.
I am a bit surprised by this. I cannot remember a publisher requiring
eps. As far as I know the publishers take PDF or as needed jpeg.
This is generally in the scientific literature, or even IEEE, for example.
For various reasons PS and EPS seem to be on the way out. But, if there
is still a need they should be supported.

In any case, thanks for taking an interest in this. Anything that you
can do will surely be helpful.

Best,
Michael