Re: [Gsoc 2016] Newbie

From: Nir Krakauer
Subject: Re: [Gsoc 2016] Newbie
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 17:14:21 -0500

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 4:54 PM, Ankush Khandelwal <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,
      I am a computer science undergraduate student. I know programming languages C++, python, bash, Matlab. I want to participate in Gsoc 2016 by working on the project "Generalised eigenvalue problem". I have mailed the same on the mailing list but haven't got any response. Can you explain me about the challenges that needs to be done as you are the mentor of this project and how can I start Contributing?

Thanks
Ankush Khandelwal

I suggest that you get some experience with using Octave, try building it [1], and then look at the source code for Octave's eig function. There have been some fixes to it in the last couple years [2], but I think that the discussion in [3] still reflects the features we'd like to add.

[1] http://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas#Things_You.27ll_be_Expected_to_Know_or_Quickly_Learn
[2] http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/General-eigenvalue-problem-proposal-td4651990.html