Re: closing Octave-Forge svn repository

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: closing Octave-Forge svn repository
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 18:49:54 +0000

On 1 March 2016 at 12:31, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 1 Mar 2016, at 13:23, Schöps, Sebastian <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Carlo, can you convert the svn to git?
>
> I don't know how to do this myself.
> Carnë can you move the current verion of OCS on OF to git?

I have converted the svn repository to git and put it up on Octave Forge.

Making use of the git repository at TUDA is a bit tricky for the following
reasons:

  1) it's not converted from the actual repository, the first commit is from
  the ocs-0.1.1 tarball.

  2) there's not a single line left intact, even the indentation style was
  changed.

  3) half way through it, the work done was abandoned and replaced with the
  0.1.3 release

So to untangle this, I created two branches from the Octave Forge repository,
TUDA-0.1.1 and TUDA-0.1.3, and rebased pieces of the TUDA repository on them,
based on the release version it was based on.  That's what made the most
sense to me.  However, I did not push those branches to Octave Forge.

To avoid the repositories at TUDA and Octave Forge go out of sync, can
someone pull my clone at github and force push it to TUDA's gitlab?

    https://github.com/carandraug/octave-ocs

Carnë