GSOC 16, Improvements to sqrtm,logm and funm

From: amr mohamed
Subject: GSOC 16, Improvements to sqrtm,logm and funm
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 11:32:05 +0200

Dear Mr. Jordi,
I want to work on the project which improves logm , expm and other Octave functions.
My name is Amr and my nickname on the IRC is AMR_KELEG.
I don't know which of these tasks have higher priority :
1)Trying to fix a bug given that i am struggling with running the gdb and debugging by printing messages isn't efficient at all.
2)Reading more on how can i improve these functions and studying the required algorithm.

Regards,
Amr Mohamed