Re: bug #36437 and Generalised eigenvalue problem

From: Nir Krakauer
Subject: Re: bug #36437 and Generalised eigenvalue problem
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 11:06:34 -0400

Please copy the whole maintainers list for Summer of Code related e-mails.

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 6:38 AM, Barbara Lócsi <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi!

I am Barbara Lócsi and I am writing to you because I posted a comment and a patch on a bug that you submitted. I would be happy to receive feedback on it.

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?36437

Thanks, I will let others who know more about how this function works review the patch.

I am also writing to you because I am interested in the 'Generalised eigenvalue problem' project and you are mentioned as a potential mentor. I filled out my public application template, and I would be happy to receive advice and feedback.

http://wiki.octave.org/User:Bumi

Looks like a good start. It would be helpful to add more details on what methods you will use, and check whether there are any existing free-software implementations of some of the methods that you can adapt.

I am also noticed that the project description contains all Matlab calling forms of eig that are missing from Octave except one. It does not mention the one that provides ability to choose among the return value format of the eigenvalues (vector or matrix). Is it ok that I included it in my proposal or is there a reason it was left out?

Kind Regards,

Barbara Lócsi

Yes, it's fine to have that also be a part of the proposal.

Nir