Re: closing Octave-Forge svn repository

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: closing Octave-Forge svn repository
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 18:38:18 +0100

On 25 March 2016 at 14:01, Alexander Barth <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear Carnë,
>
> Unfortunately, I made an error when I converted the repo to git
> (ncarray was just a copy of octcdf and not of the hg ncarray repo). I
> had to recover the version history from the old SVN server. Here is
> now the repo at github:
>
> address@hidden:Alexander-Barth/octave-ncarray.git

I have created a git repo for ncarray:

    https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/ncarray/

and added it to the Octave Forge super repo:

    http://hg.code.sf.net/p/octave/octave-forge/rev/789ef734c488

Also, I noticed that the repository you have on github has an extra
empty commit not present in subversion.  I'm guessing that's leftovers
from some git plumbing you had to do.  I removed it before pushing it
to octave forge.  You can push it again but if you want to remove it
yourself from github:

    git reset --hard HEAD^
    git push --force your-github-remote-name master

Carnë