Re: Forge package not in forge hg repositories

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: Forge package not in forge hg repositories
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 08:35:14 +0000

On 24 Mar 2016, at 11:45, Carlo de Falco <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 24 Mar 2016, at 11:42, Carlo de Falco <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> On 22 Mar 2016, at 23:50, Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> Btw, have you seen Julia's way of providing access to user created packages?
>>> http://pkg.julialang.org/
>>
>> This looks great!
>> Is someone interested in helping me set up something similar?
>
> As the only difference I'd rather use bitbucket than github so the the
> individual
> repositories can choose to use mercurial rather than git ...
>
>> c.

I looked a bit into this and it looks absolutely trivial to implement the
website with a simple PHP script.
On the other hand I am a bit concerned about the security issues related with
their automatic testing feature.
Just having a script download and run all the packages might expose the system
to some danger ...
Do you think we could just do without this feature or do you have an idea about
how to deal with security?
Would it be possible to deal this trough Hydra maybe?

c.