Re: enquiry about the geometry package

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: enquiry about the geometry package
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 13:54:38 -0400

On Mon, May 02, 2016 at 20:33:32 +0300, Amr Mohamed wrote:
> Ok then i will create a new feature branch on my bitbucket repo and
> push my code there as it permits both creating a pull-request (if
> possible) and creating patches.

Just a small note, branches in mercurial are *not* equivalent to git
"feature branches". Git branches are transient, when you merge the
branch you can safely delete it and it's as if it never existed. A
branch in mercurial is a permanent part of the history, any changes made
on a branch will forever be recorded as being made on the "stable"
branch or whatever you choose to call it.

The mercurial equivalent to git branches is bookmarks, take a look at

  https://www.mercurial-scm.org/wiki/Bookmarks

> I think this is the best choice to make now and see how things will go
> in the future.

I agree (possibly substituting a bookmark for a branch). And note that a
"pull request" can be as simple as an email saying "please pull changes
from this revision", it does *not* have to be a proprietary solution
that is locked into a platform like bitbucket or github.

--
mike