Re: A small version

From: Vic Norton
Subject: Re: A small version
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 08:56:05 -0400

> On Jun 9, 2016, at 6:20 AM, tmacchant <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Hi Sebastian,
>>
>> Apparently my post never appeared on the Octave Maintainers list. It was
>> too big.
>>
>> Try my script ‘test_qtbug.m'. This accomplishes what all my pictures were
>> about. Run it on octave-gui. Set do_qt = 0 to see good results and set
>> do_qt = 1 to see bad ones (at least on my system).
>>
>> There is no package here. This is pure octave and only 10 KB. Let me know
>> what you think.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Vic
>>
> Please send to the mailing list and explain what exactly needs to be tested.
> Tatsuro offered already help.
>
> Sebastian
> I have executed attached script.
>
> <http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4677556/gnuplot_qt.png>
> <http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4677556/qt.png>
>
> Tatsuro
>

> --

Very interesting, Tatsuro. On my Mac the straight qt version does not rotate
the internal text. Did you try saving the output to PDF. My results look
terrible——but the internal text is rotated.

I have posted the following, later version---with README.txt description of
tests---to the Maintainers list.
   octave-gui graphics problems on mac.zip (94 KB)
It describes a test of fltk which crashes my Mac. Most of the zipped archive is
taken up by the Apple crash report.

Regards,

Vic