Re: Building PyTave on windows - cygwin

From: Abhinav Tripathi
Subject: Re: Building PyTave on windows - cygwin
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 00:41:01 +0530

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 9:08 AM, Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden> wrote:
The problem seems to be solved with help by Mike.

I will advise you two things.

1. When you have met error during configure, you should also see config.log.
 The config.log file contains more information output information to the screen.

Thanks. I saw that. And was able to solve some problems. But I couldn't do much with this problem.

2. Try to read configure script at place where errors happen.

I thought that since 'configure' is created after 'autoreconf --install' so changing it won't work. I was looking through some m4 files and I guess I found the place where these checks are mentioned. But, I am currently unable to do much on these scripts. I was just putting some 'echo $SOME_VAR' statements but I am getting error about variable not defined! And I am trying to learn (using online resources) how these scripts actually work..

Tatsuro

Also, on the boost front, using my previously compiled boost I am unable to compile pytave. And when I am trying to recompile boost with the link=static,shared' flag suggested by you, I am unable to build boost itself. I am trying though and will post here when I am sure I can't handle it.

.
Abhinav