Re: 1D PDE solver for Octave

From: Bill Greene
Subject: Re: 1D PDE solver for Octave
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 08:57:26 -0400

I just checked in a Makefile that works for me on linux.

But my strong recommendation, at this point, is just to use the pre-built
shared library I provided the link to.

As you recall, the main point of my original post is how to deal with these build
issues in a reasonable way. My belief is that very few Octave users will try this
pde solver if they have to build it themselves.

On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 4:30 AM, Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 7:56 PM, Bill Greene <address@hidden> wrote:
>>sure, were is the code?
> OK, great.
>
> The source code is here:
> https://github.com/wgreene310/pde1d
>
> Unfortunately, my approach to building this is somewhat ad-hoc
> at this point so you might find that challenging. I can send you a
> Linux Makefile if you are sufficiently motivated.

You should distribute your code with a makefile if you have the
intention that other people test it.