Re: GSL in octave

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: GSL in octave
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 13:44:14 +0200

Le 15/07/2016 à 13:22, Carnë Draug a écrit :
On 15 July 2016 at 09:39, Susi Lehtola <address@hidden> wrote:
Well, I'm maintaining the octave-gsl package in Fedora, so I might as well maintain it upstream as well... What steps would I need to take to get svn access?
Just submit patches against development sources [1] to the tracker [2].

Carnë

[1] http://hg.code.sf.net/p/octave/gsl
[2] https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?func=additem&group=octave

@Carnë : I believe Susi's question was about getting push access to the repo...

@Susi : Thank you for offering to become maintainer of the gsl package.

Regarding your specific question: you have to "earn" the right to push by first making a few convincing contributions in the form of patches ;-)

Alternatively, you can make a public clone of the hg repo (e.g., on Sourceforge), prepare your changesets there, and then make a pull request (on the patch tracker and/or on the maintainers list).

HTH,

Julien.

PS : A few additional relevant links
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Interested-in-maintaining-the-gsl-package-tp4676126.html