Re: Project Report till 1st August 2016 (Today) -- Symbolic Project - GS

From: Abhinav Tripathi
Subject: Re: Project Report till 1st August 2016 (Today) -- Symbolic Project - GSoC 2016
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 02:24:08 -0700

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 6:40 PM, Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden> wrote:
I have committed the Wiki.
Please see and edit it or give comments here.

Tatsuro

Hi,
Sorry I couldn't read it thoroughly earlier. I just did a minor change.
I changed the following (important change in bold letters):
-------------------------
At this moment building of boost-python with 64 bit tool chain fails at final link stage. Using 32 bit octave 4.1.0+ for windows build of boost_python was successful.
So far octave-4.1.0+ 32 bit has been used.
------------------------
To become this:
At this moment building of boost-python with 64 bit tool chain fails at final link stage. So far octave-4.1.0+ 64 bit was used. From this point we shifted to using 32 bit octave. Using 32 bit octave 4.1.0+ for windows build of boost_python was successful.

It seemed to me that this was a little confusing as we started using 32 bit octave only after this point as the build failed for 64 bit octave.

Thanks for the changes that you made. :)

Colin Macdonald <address@hidden> Wrote:
Thanks Abhinav, I posted a comment on your blog to say how happy I am with how Pytave is turning out.

Thanks, I read the comment. Sorry for not replying sooner. Also, about checking the performance gains with pytave. I guess we already have some numbers about vpa and sym. I will try to get the figures for other functions too after we update the tests in symbolic to cope with the latest changes in pytave.
.
Abhinav