Re: How to disable pdf generation but keep function help

From: Sebastian
Subject: Re: How to disable pdf generation but keep function help
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 09:12:15 +0200

Dear Mike,

Mike Miller wrote on Sun, 11 Oct 2015 10:21:43
>> My idea was to disable only the specific pdf/html build targets but it would
>> be rather tedious for me to go to all details of doc/module.mk. It would be
>> great if someone could give me a hint. I could also try to create a new
>> configure switch "--disable-manual" or something similar....
> Does "make all DOC_TARGETS=" work? That should clear the list of doc files
> that "make all" wants to build.

I have been using "make all DOC_TARGETS=" on many machines but sometimes it is
ignored and Octave tries to build the docs which often fails because people do
not have a tex environment.

I will try to debug this but can you tell me where in the build procedure this
is evaluated? which build target is responsible for the latex docs?

Thanks,
Sebastian