Re: GSoC '16 - Boolean Operations on Polygons : Merge Code to geometry P

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: GSoC '16 - Boolean Operations on Polygons : Merge Code to geometry Package
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 02:53:26 +0100

On 9 August 2016 at 15:07, Amr Mohamed <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...[]
> The functions make use of the Boost library (>=1.60) so my Mentor told me
> that we will need to make a dependency for this version of Boost instead of
> adding the boost-geometry library as a part of the package.
> [...]

Actually, instead of checking for the version, you should check if the
feature you want is there or if it behaves the way you need to behave.

Since you already linked to the image package, checkout its configure.ac.
There's two tests that may be of interest.  One checks the compiler for
a bug with a test program, while another checks for the presence of a
function in Octave.

Carnë