Re: Avoid global pointers in dae

From: Francesco Faccio
Subject: Re: Avoid global pointers in dae
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 11:14:37 +0000

Carlo De Falco wrote:
> If you write your class as more independent
> then your changesets will be less invasive
> and more easily accepted, do you think that
> would be possible?

> c.

Hi Carlo!

I wrote the class without inheriting from DAE and avoiding global pointers for residual function and jacobian evaluation.

You can see the new design of the dld-function [1] and the class [2][3]. Your suggestion really helped.

I'm going to complete the options of the solver. I've already written some test here [4]. In the m-interface I use a private function to check odefun, tspan and init [5]. I think we could adapt it also for ode23 and ode45.

Francesco

[1]https://bitbucket.org/Francesco_Faccio/octave/src/357028bea81fc0c6b0910afd7ea4154bb98034b2/libinterp/dldfcn/__ode15__.cc?at=default&fileviewer=file-view-default
[2]https://bitbucket.org/Francesco_Faccio/octave/src/357028bea81fc0c6b0910afd7ea4154bb98034b2/liboctave/numeric/IDA.h?at=default&fileviewer=file-view-default
[3]https://bitbucket.org/Francesco_Faccio/octave/src/357028bea81fc0c6b0910afd7ea4154bb98034b2/liboctave/numeric/IDA.cc?at=default&fileviewer=file-view-default