Re: mxIs* functions now return bool

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: mxIs* functions now return bool
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2016 13:11:36 -0700

On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 11:43:07 -0400, John W. Eaton wrote:
> I see that you added stdbool to the list of gnulib modules in the changeset
> that you checked in.
>
> That's OK, but it won't be seen by any Octave code since we no longer
> include any gnulib headers directly in the Octave sources because of the way
> they can conflict with C++.

Moreover, mex.h is an external header file for use by other projects
that will probably not be using gnulib.

> I think it's safe to assume that stdbool.h just has to exist.  If it
> doesn't, then it's up to the user of mex.h to find a way to provide it.

I agree this seems safe. Running 'mkoctfile --mex' should call the
compiler with whatever options are needed to enable C11 or C99 support
that Octave's configure detected at build time (saved in the $CC
variable).

--
mike