Re: Using-Octave-Mode

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Using-Octave-Mode
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 17:35:25 -0500

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 5:16 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 09/12/2016 05:37 PM, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:
Since emacs 21 (*), the octave mode is built-in and no need to do
(autoload 'octave-mode "octave-mod" nil t)
In fact this would messed up octave-mode initialization.

Perhaps docs should be changed accordingly.

I think there was a proposal to remove the Emacs Octave Mode documentation from the Octave manual for the 4.2 release.  We should probably just do that instead of trying to fix it in the Octave manual.

​Fine with me. May be wiki is a better place for such info. ​

​Dmitri.