Re: terminals_with_size

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: terminals_with_size
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 15:59:34 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----
>From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
>​Those are terminal used by "print" (and related) command. qt is interractive
>terminal

>It does have "size" and "position​", but I do not think it is relevant. The
>same can be said about
>
>e.g. x11 terminal.
>
>Mike wrote:
>

>   figure ("position", [0, 0, 1000, 200])
>
> works when using GNUTERM=x11, but not when GNUTERM=qt. This may have
> something to do with that.

I cannot see the "position" property for figure in octave manual.

From the viewing codes and some experiments, I found that

The "position" property value are [x_position, y_position, x_size, y_size]

Unit of values are pixels.

Then even for interactive terminal,
terminals_with_size has important meaning for specifying figure size.

Therefore octave-4.2.0-rc1 (before attaching patch.)

  figure("position", [0, 0, 500, 500])

command effective for size for wxt terminal but not effective qt terminal.

Tatsuro