Re: Website update

From: siko1056
Subject: Re: Website update
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 05:12:16 -0800 (PST)

Oliver Heimlich wrote
> On 04.11.2016 19:26, Mike Miller wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 04, 2016 at 02:18:01 -0700, siko1056 wrote:
>>> Another final version accessible without Javascript:
>>>
>>> https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/new/
>>
>> I see that the Google font css is downloaded from googleapis.com even if
>> I have the "PT Sans" font locally installed on my computer. Can we paste
>> the css rules for the font substitution directly into either app.css or
>> a new css file hosted on gnu.org?
>>
>> We had this discussion with the css changes to the user manual back in
>> June and fixed the font declarations so they are all done locally and
>> will prefer locally installed fonts to downloading any external
>> resources.
>
> As far as I can see we can mirror the css file [1] on gnu.org. There
> already are “local” font definitions in the file, which will prevent
> downloading the fonts from Google.
>
> One problem is that [1] will deliver different content depending on your
> browser (e. g. woff2 for Firefox, woff for IE).
>
> Alternatively, we could use the font library and deliver true type
> fonts. Therefore we have to copy the “local” definitions into [2].
>
> Oliver
>
> [1] https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=PT+Sans:400,700
> [2] https://fontlibrary.org/face/pt-sans

Mike, Oliver,

Is the required portion within this file
https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/octave.css ? If yes, can
someone of you take the time to make a small diff-patch with
http://hg.octave.org/web-octave/file/tip/css/app.css and send it to me by
mail, I take care for the rest?

Thanks,
Kai.