Re: pkg install from forge in windows

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: pkg install from forge in windows
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 21:17:36 +0100

JohnD wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: John W. Eaton [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 2:16 PM
To: JohnD; address@hidden

Manually running commands:
urlwrite('http://packages.octave.org/download/bsltl-1.1.1.tar.gz',
'bsltl-1.1.1.tar.gz')
error: urlwrite: Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given
CA certificates

 From the curl config options, it looks like curl isn't set to use the
native certificates, and I couldn't find any in the installed files,
so I'll take a look at getting that verified working for mxe-octave.

This seems to work properly for me with the 4.2.0 binary I built for
distribution.

jwe

I see the same issue occurring occasionally with the official w32 version as
well

I did a change to curl to add --win-winssl  to configure If compiling for
windows that (so far) appears to fix the issue for me and pushed to
mxe-octave

Philip, can you see if it also fixes the problem for you?

Well, downloading now seems to go reliably. So that's fixed.

But the error I described,

:
make: Leaving directory `/tmp/oct-qVNFk3/octclip-1.0.8/src'
copyfile C:\Users\philip\AppData\Local\Temp\oct-qVNFk3\octclip-1.0.8\src\_oc_polyboo l.oct C:\Users\philip\AppData\Local\Temp\oct-qVNFk3\octclip-1.0.8\inst\x86_64-w64-mi
ngw32-api-v51
'desc' undefined near line 30 column 43
error: called from
    install at line 242 column 5