Implementing categorial function

From: NVS Abhilash
Subject: Implementing categorial function
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2016 13:04:40 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I just wanna know, while looking for unimplemented functions in octave I
found a category of functions not implemented. (no pun intended).

1. iscategorical
2. iscategory
3. categorical
4. categories

I am interested to implement them, well maybe one for a start. I also want
to know weather it is okay to implement them and no one else is already
working on it.

For example this is what iscategorial should do
https://in.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/iscategory.html?searchHighlight=iscategorial
<https://in.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/iscategory.html?searchHighlight=iscategorial>

Please let me know about the status of these functions as I am very
interested in implementing them.

Thanks,
NVS

-----