Re: CXSPARSE includes

From: Rik
Subject: Re: CXSPARSE includes
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 17:55:24 -0800

I backported Mike's fix to stable.

Separately, there were two cases in acinclude.m4 where we were saving
CXXFLAGS, but then only using the pre-processor to perform tests with
AC_PREPROC_IFELSE.  I pushed a cset to stop the unnecessary save&restore
here http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/e9d7932373ad.

Finally, following Carlo's investigations I looked in config.log and found
that the test for the Qt SetPlaceHolderText function was failing with

conftest.cpp:123:32: fatal error: Qt/qglobal.h: No such file or directory

but I do have qglobal.h installed at

/usr/include/qt4/Qt/qglobal.h
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qglobal.h
/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore/qglobal.h

Since Octave now defaults to Qt5, it is not finding the last instance.

The m4 code in acinclude.m4 is:

dnl
dnl Check whether QScintilla SetPlaceholderText function exists.
dnl FIXME: This test uses a version number.  It potentially could
dnl        be re-written to actually call the function, but is it worth it?
dnl
AC_DEFUN([OCTAVE_CHECK_FUNC_SETPLACEHOLDERTEXT], [
  AC_CACHE_CHECK([whether Qt has SetPlaceholderText function],
    [octave_cv_func_setplaceholdertext],
    [AC_LANG_PUSH(C++)
    ac_octave_save_CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS"
    CPPFLAGS="$QT_CPPFLAGS $CXXPICFLAG $CPPFLAGS"
    AC_PREPROC_IFELSE([AC_LANG_PROGRAM([[
        #include <Qt/qglobal.h>
        ]], [[
        #if QT_VERSION < 0x040700
        #error No SetPlacholderText function available.
        #endif
        ]])],
      octave_cv_func_setplaceholdertext=yes,
      octave_cv_func_setplaceholdertext=no)
    CPPFLAGS="$ac_octave_save_CPPFLAGS"
    AC_LANG_POP(C++)
  ])
  if test $octave_cv_func_setplaceholdertext = yes; then
    AC_DEFINE(HAVE_SETPLACEHOLDERTEXT, 1,
      [Define to 1 if you have the Qt SetPlaceholderText function.])
  fi
])

Is it enough to change

#include <Qt/qglobal.h>

#include <qglobal.h>

It seemed to work for me, but I haven't gone and tested back with Qt4.

--Rik