Re: GSoC 2017- Symbolic Package

From: Colin Macdonald
Subject: Re: GSoC 2017- Symbolic Package
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 21:38:13 -0800

On 08/03/17 07:58 PM, Abhinav Tripathi wrote:
Pytave is just one of the options to use for IPC. You will have to first
build pytave from source. Then open octave. Add pytave's directory in
path. Now if you call any symbolic function, pytave will be used. We
just check if pytave's functions are in scope then pytave is used else
some other IPC is used.
One more thing that currently pytave can only be built on linux.

That's right. Also, we may have disabled it by default (just before the last release). I think you have to do something like "syspref ipc native".

Colin